Friday, March 14, 2008
The most brilliant thing I have ever heard Scott quote from one of his former girlfriends (I was by-far the smartest!) is this: "Believe in Tire Angels and they shall protect you on the road."

He likes to tell stories of when his car either broke down, crashed, fell apart etc. is that she always told him it was the belief in the tire angels that helped the scenario be better than it could be. Ok, so fine...there are tire angels.

Well, today....Jennifer Cook and I can verify...there - are - tire - angels.

So, I'm in Winchester and I have been "cruising" on Low Fuel since I left work this morning. Thank goodness it's pay day, because my $15 a day of gas fill ups (yes...a day. I live in Winchester and drive a Mountaineer. It's insane, I know.) my $15 a day gas trip was depleted each and every afternoon. I should have put $30 - $45 in...but I had to "scrape" from multiple sources for the $15 on Wed and Thurs. Thank you payday!

Anyway, Low Fuel light and a low battery beeping phone later, I am talking to Jenn and I start to sputter. Sputter - go - sputter - go - sputter. I lose Jenn. I call her back, tell her my problem and she starts giggling. I, however, am screaming..oh please, please don't quit, please get me into the neighborhood! I even said "Jennifer, by God, YOU will bring me gas before I call my husband, (or my Brother in Law for that matter). They'll kill me. Please let me get to the neighborhood.

Sputter - go - sputter - go. I can see my street. (Jenn is laughing) Sputter - go - sputter. My house in the distance...that's good. It's raining and a hungry 4 year old is in the back, but I can see my house. (Jenn laughing hysterically at this point!) PLEASE! Sputter - go - Sputter - go - driveway - choke - dead. Jenn - holding herself laughing...HA...Jenn gone. WHAT? My car and my phone are now dead. Dead. Dead. I am in front of my house, out of gas with no phone. What the luck.

Well, it was the tire angels who helped me (quick note..and NOT Jenn Cook). Heavy sigh. Thank you tire angels. We are dry, safe and home. Guess Scott dated maybe one that was smarter than I give credit to. Jenn - glad you were along for the ride. I'll call ya later!

3 comments:

vlmeans said...

Will you never learn? This isn't your first time to run out of gas. Today wasn't the first time my husband fussed at me for having low fuel when he got in to drive. But today was too good - he just couldn't spoil it for me.

cfosson said...

I have spent the last 30 minutes or so getting caught up with your blog....love seeing what is going on in your life. we never have time to talk at school anymore. Lainie is getting so big and I hope you will be pregnant soon. Love you, Carol

Boo said...

I'm so glad you got home but I totally would have brought you the gas!!! :)
Jenn