Thursday, March 20, 2008
I am sad that Kentucky lost. I haven't been 100% tuned in this year with the team as I have been in year's past, but it hurts just the same.

Scott cooked supper tonight. What a great guy! He made us "breakfast." He can whip that stuff up faster than any meal I have ever seen him cook. Now mind you, the kitchen is a bloddy mess when he is finished (I mean literally standing puddles of ? on the counters,) but hey, I didn't have to cook, so what do I care? He loves cooking breakfast and is amazingly good at it too! We had cracked pepper grits (oh my goodness....his are the BEST), scrambled eggs with keilbasa, crispy bacon and biscuits. It was so yummy.

Today was a productive day. I actually crossed three major projects off my list today (uh - that NEVER happens and certainly not all at once.) I even had a good "working with the kids moment" today, which I loved. As the 5th graders wandered to the bathroom one by one the last hour of school (as they are notorious for doing) I made them answer levels and branches of government questions that refered to the large matrix poster I was putting up in the hallway beside the bathrooms. After asking 5 kids in 10 minutes, I eventually had over 20 kids "roaming" the halls, looking for me to question them on the Social Studies questions. At one point, I felt either the large pack of students or myself would get in trouble with some of their teachers down the hall! (Sorry Mr. D + Mr. S) Mrs. H and Mrs. P....you'd been proud...over 80% knew the answer to the questions. Good job ya'll!! It was funny and totally worth it!!

0 comments: