Sunday, March 2, 2008
Here lately I feel like I am in this twilight zone of feeling like I either don't want to grow up or feel like I never am going to grow up. It's not a bad thing I guess, being that I like to think that I enjoy the smaller pleasures of life (nothing like a candy bar and a balloon to make me happy) but occasionally I wonder if something is just plain wrong with me.

Case Point #1: Friday night after ball practice, my family & I spent the evening watching movies and eating our own individual pint of ice cream. Mine - Ben + Jerry's: Cherry Garcia....same kind I liked when I was 12.

Case Point #2: The last movie I watched: Mary Poppins. Scott bought it because her knew I loved it! I know every word.

Case Point #3: I have always tried to be friendly to everyone I meet, even when they aren't nice to me. It's not realistic, and I often get hurt, but it's the truth.

Case Point #4: I cannot bring myself to throw out the old Halloween candy left from trick or treat and my Valentine bag from school is still on the counter. I never could throw that stuff away until months later.

Case Point #5: I'd rather play on the swings than go anywhere in grown-up world.

Case Point #6: I still like Pink clothing.

Case Point #7: I have only recently taken up "reading" and the love of coffee. And honestly, I feel weird liking these 'grown up' things.

Case Point #8: I still hate scary movies.

Case Point #9: I'd prefer happy meals or Dora yogurt or Applesauce cups to any other food in the world. Just ask the people I eat lunch with.

Case Point #10: I hate it when surprises are spoiled. Doesn't matter what it is.....never spoil a surprise if it's aimed at me.

So maybe my childish ways aren't too bad, but I struggle with a few. Particularly #3. Nice is nice, but I need to learn to speak my thoughts. Whether it's with strangers or non-strangers.....that part of my childhood gets hurt sometimes. Now ya know. :)

1 comments:

Boo said...

And this is why we love you!