Tuesday, July 15, 2008
By far the funniest statements I have ever heard come out of the mouths of 4 year olds. They are like tiny comedians with no idea how humorous their take on everything really is.


For example:


Tonight's comment as we talked about all of the things we were going to need to teach the baby. Such as how to use sidewalk chalk and hit a tee-ball and blow bubbles and all the big stuff. "Yeah," Lainie says "and maybe we should name it Meatball, since we'll have to teach it how to cook too."


Or the other night as I planned my weekend get away to Washington D.C. I was telling Lainie about how I am getting to fly on my plane and she said, "O.K. Mommy. Don't forget to pack your para-hoot." Good idea Lainie. Always a good idea.


And my favorite one of all. About a week ago, I was going through my tubs of maternity clothes (thank you Andrea P. sharing yours!) since I have recently started exploding out of anything that might be considered my "normal" clothes. My whole living room floor was coated in clothes as I categorized them into Summer, Fall and Winter wear and 1st trimester, 2nd trimester and 3rd trimester appropriate. I was into this project for most of the night. Lainie comes bounding around the corer and announces to the entire house...."Good heavens Mommy, you have got alot of big, fat, tummy clothing!!!) I have NEVER and will NEVER use the words big, fat and tummy together....(nor will my husband.....) so where did this statement come from???? Tell me!!



A picture of the evening to make it all worthwhile.... Notice the teddy bear (or the insane bulge of the bear) stuffed in her tummy. Oh my!

2 comments:

Gayla said...

Don't cha just love four year olds?

vlmeans said...

I like Meatball. Wish I had thought of it. Gota love her.