Monday, July 14, 2008

This past weekend we went fishing at my Mom and Dad's. Lainie has been asking for a fishing trip for moths now and even after the deep sea fishing adventure Scott arranged for us in Fla, Lainie isisted she had to do it at Pappaw's with Pappaw. Fair enough.
My dad retired to this fishing dock with its own little house back when I was in college. I didn't understand its appeal until I spent a sunset there shortly there after. The house is kinda on the small side, but perfect for a retired auto engineer with a love of fish and motorcycles. Ironically, my mother then bought a house directly (like you can see it through the parting of the trees) across the lake. You have to call two houses to find one parent. My dad will lean out and say - "yep, her car's over there." Long story, even as entertaining as it is.
My favorite picture is the one from above. Scott, Dad and Lainie insisted that I post the 28 inch catfish. Lainie totally took credit from Dad for that one. All Scott caught were turtles. Such silly fish tales.

0 comments: