Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Let's just say marrying a man from a rival high school and then living in that rival town has been a growing experience on my personality.



Some background. I am from Maysville. Although I moved there when I was 12, from Northern KY, I consider M-ville my hometown. My grandparents are from there. All my aunts and uncles live there (minus one or two). When people have weddings in my family, it is there. The church I belong to is there. My high school reunions are there. My parents are there. My hand prints in the wet cement at the flood wall downtown from June of 94 are there. That is my hometown.



I walk into Wal Mart and either smile huggingly to greet the person I haven't seen in a while or I quickly turn down the jam and jelly aisle to avoid someone I never want to see again. Oh - quit, you do it too! Maysville is my hometown. Mason County is my high school. I am a Royals fan. I bleed blue.



Yet, I live in Winchester. Home of GRC. Cardinals play ball here and they are red. My nieces play Clark Co. sports. My nephews play Clark County sports. I own t-shirts and pull overs that are red and black and white. I even painted the 6 x 6 foot cardinal in the GRC concession stand last summer. The kids ask me to their games. I go. I am a family member and I am faithful to the family. I wear red. I cheer and clap. I sit and mingle with the locals. I am a Cardinal during the day. I feel that I do pretty good. That is, until they play Mason Co. Then all bets are off.



Well now I am raising a new generation of Royal / Cardinal fans. Lainie has t-shirts from both teams. Paraphernalia that advertises both schools. Her messages from the Cards are much louder than the chanting for the Royals simply due to distance. She's young. She has no clue that she is a Rardnal. She seems oblivious to the fact that she is a Cardyal. Ah innocence of the young.



She just likes to cheer.



So here we are. At the crossroads. She is wearing red. Lots of it and looking majorly cute in it. She loved GRC's Cheerleading Camp this week and apparently they loved her. She got hats, and pictures and frames and t-shirts all week. It was adorable. She had a ball. She gets to go on the field with the "big girls" at the Sept. 26th game against Madison Central at GRC. (Dear heavens THANK YOU that it wasn't Mason Co.) My parents are coming. Scott's fam will be there. Go get 'em my little Royadinal. Great job this week!



PS: Did anyone else notice the dog ears? Only the cool kids could talk her into that!

2 comments:

Gayla said...

Well, now the dog-tails are cute because they are so short!!

vlmeans said...

Too cute!!! She sure makes a cute Cardinal. Go Cards!!!