Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Oh to be a four year old. Life can be so sad.

So I wake us this morning at 5 AM to my crying daughter who had a nightmare that someone was trying to break her doll. She didn't know the person, but they wanted her doll and she was sad.

20 min later as I was getting ready for work, Lainie comes in crying that she wants me to stay home. Crying. Clinging to my leg, crying.

At 8:30 today my cell phone rings and it is Scott with Lainie, heaving into the phone at how much she misses me. I tell her I love her and then nearly cry myself.

I pick her up and there is a note in her folder about her having a rough day. It was from Ms. Mary about how Lainie felt sad that she didn't have any girl friends in the class. One girl must have told her she didn't like her today / yesterday. Maybe that's where this sadness is coming from.
We came home and wrote notes to two girls in the class and invited them to play dates this Sunday afternoon. One little girl is the one that made Lainie sad. She seemed really excited about writing her the play date letter and even talked about all of the things they could do this weekend.


Life as a 4 year old can be so sad. Hopefully this will help!

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

That's so hard. I hate when they are so upset and miss us! It is sad. Poor thing. Hope her day tomorrow is better!

Boo said...

You're a good mom! :)

vlmeans said...

I am so sorry she had such a bad day. I know how hard it is for us moms too. We hate for our children to feel bad. I hope all goes well with the play date on Sunday. Let me know if I can be of help.

Sarah said...

That is so sad! What a great idea to ask the girls to come over. She looks really happy with her letters!