Friday, April 4, 2008
So here lately, money has been tight. I mean, life is going fine and all bills are paid for, but with the change in jobs (I mean from regular paychecks every two weeks to whenever the home owner thinks is a good time to give out money) it has changed the rhythm and routine Scott and I have gotten used to.

One thing we have really tried to do is to cut back on eating out. This one is good for all of us for a number of reasons aside from saving money. It has helped us keep homemade dinner time important. We are cutting back on processed foods. We are able to be at home to complete tasks and projects here and it's letting all of us try new recipes and foods and maybe loose a little weight along the way. So it's one way we are trying to help the team. Scott has even been eating lunches at home, which is completely foreign to him. All week long he has been eating the Vegetable Soup he made on Sunday. I am so proud of him for A. making and thus eating VEGETABLE soup and 2. coming home for lunch. So much better than the chili dogs at Wanda's Grocery that he loves!

Anyway, being limited on money now is no where near what it was like eight years ago when we got married. I remember planning our wedding and weighing so many options because we couldn't afford what we really wished we could get. Our wedding was amazing and gorgeous in every way. Not too bad for the budget we worked from...but the one regret I had was in regard to my pictures and the fact that we did not order an album. We ordered loose photos and they ended up just sending us the proofs (this was all before digital swept the nation.) So they jipped us and sent us our tiny little proofs that I them slipped into a little album from the engraving place.

Well last night......that all changed!!!

I discovered Shutterfly's Photobook section. I have now catapulted myself into the 21st digital century and made us a Wedding album. I scanned all of our photos (and they look amazing) and created a memory book for only $60! I am so pumped. (Good thing Scott is eating at home.....I'll use that money for my new book! HA! No....really, I'm asking for it for my birthday, silly!)

I'll post some links and wedding pics (ignore my chubby arms, that was 70 lbs. ago) in just a little bit!

1 comments:

Gayla said...

How do you always find such neat things? Yes, I had to check the blogs between tasks in my painting endeavor.