Thursday, April 3, 2008
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!

Yesterday was a neat day. With the weather having been so nice, Scott actually came home early! (Shocking, I know!) We celebrated his birthday in the sunshine!

I made him his favorite meal - Filet Mignon, Green beans, Jumbo Baked Potatos and Fried Apples. When I went to the store on Sunday to gather the goods, I could not find Filets nor Beef Tenderloin anywhere in the meat section. So I asked the meat man about it. He said that many stores have stopped carrying the high end meats because so many people shoplift them. WHAT? How cold would that be? Yuk! Anyway, with one tenderloin costing upwards of $70, then they have taken them off the shelves. Apparently Winchester's other grocery (at first I was at Walmart and then at Kroger) agreed. I was able to find several teeny filets wrapped in bacon for $3.00 a piece, so I got four. They aren't the caliber of Scott's fav restaurant - the 19th hole, both looked like they'd do the trick.

As I cooked and Scott grilled (Normally, I am the 95% grillmaster, but I wasn't about to destroy these tiny things by multi-tasking so I asked Scott to keep guard. He's really better at it then I am, but typically I just go ahead and do it myself.) That gave me time to pour and enjoy a glass of wine outside while talking to Scott and watching Lainie on the swings. A glass of wine...ah man...on a Wednesday? Gosh, I'm cool! Scott even smoked a cigar. We are such "wanna be" rich people!

We then had Italian Creme Cake (homemade by moi') and ice cream. Lainie sang to Daddy and passed out presents. We even took a walk up to the next subdivision to share some with Scott's mom. Scott said it was a super birthday!

So let's recap: played in the yard, had a glass of wine, smoked cigar, took a walk, had help cooking, husband home early, ate cake? Wow!! Happy birthday Scott!

0 comments: