Wednesday, April 2, 2008
I absolutely love photography. I thought this might be an interesting time to share some of my recent favorites with you. This past Saturday, I took pictures at a wedding of a lady I work with. This is Vivian's and Gene's wedding from March 29th, 2008. It was a small wedding with only closest family and friends. I was only 6 or so feet from them at any one time. The set up made the photography very easy.
It was a nice event where I captured almost 700 shots of their event. I am a big believer in photojournalism that tells a story when shared later. By far it is the easiest style to capture and allows the photographer and the client the utmost freedom in movement and emotion. Posed pictures remove a significant portion of the emotion if not done correctly, so I only pose if it can't be avoided.
The key for me is to take a lot of pictures. Move, realign, compose the frame again and just shoot. The most intriguing pictures are often the ones you get by accident. Anticipation is also key, so generally I watch the event through the lens of the camera with the shutter already focused. That way when you "feel" something, you capture it. No missing the shots. I've often been told (by my husband mostly) that I miss the rest of the room because I'm concentrated on the subject(s) in my viewfinder, but I retort with...yeah, but I saw his eyes bubble with tears when she entered the room. Did you see that? His answer is usually no. I watch for the small stuff and then turn quickly back to the main event.
I hope you enjoy these few pictures. Vivian hasn't even seen them yet, since she is still on her honeymoon. I'll share more events in the future.

2 comments:

Gayla said...

I love the middle shot. She looked really beautiful.

Boo said...

Wow Shawna, these are great!! I want you to take pictures of me, chris and Avery when she comes home!!