Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm BACK!!!

I know ya'll completely missed the meanderings of the red head and company. So much has occurred in the last week I hardly know where to begin!
#1 TRIP TO RENO

Amazing!! Relaxing! Fun! Full of good food - everything!!! We gambled, we slept, we played black jack, we slept, we watched movies, we slept, I ate crepes, he slept, we learned Sudoko, caught up on sleep (notice anything?). It was awesome.


While we were there, we visited the Lake Tahoe region. If you have never been there - GO!! Beautiful is all I can say. It was covered in 3 feet of snow and a new 3 feet were on their way during the weekend, but it looks like a Christmas post card. Snow hangs heavily from the trees, skiers walk past in their cute little hats and perfect looking sweaters. Oh - it's gorgeous. The lake is blue year round. I couldn't believe how pretty it was.





While we were there and aside from sleeping, the four of us (me, Scott, his Mom and his sister Vickie) ate out at a fancy-smancy restaurant our last night there. This was quite the adventure!
If you have never had a waiter tell you it was time to clean your palette, let me tell you....cleaning your palette tastes really good. Apparently, you take a pretty little "shot" glass on a stick, fill it with lemon sherbert (sorbet - I'm told) and then pour 2 oz. of Krystaal Champagne over it and sip it with a spoon.. (I am such a red neck, that I can't even spell Chris-tal - let alone know how "dirty" my own palette was!!) Oh my goodness - heavenly! I now am a fan of this Kristale stuff...at least until Scott told me how expensive the stuff is. (More than this teacher can afford!)

At the end came the dessert...AND....it traveled with it's own "cloud." Imagine beautiful truffles on a brass serving tray with dry ice beneath - f.a.n.c.y!!! They were yummy too!! See picture below.

The coolest part about this meal, is that my high rolling mother-in-law was able to pay for the meal with the comps she had been winning!! She got the whole meal comped! Unbelievable! Thanks Elaine!


#2 T-Ball when we returned home

This is my favorite part of the blog - but since I've gone on so long, I'll keep it the shortest. Lainie started in-door t-ball yesterday. She is on the Cubs team with the Winchester YMCA. Her coach is Coach Ballard. He is the son of one of Scott's old junior high football coaches.




I must say, that I was pretty tickled when Lainie at least knew which hand the glove went on, how to semi-hold a baseball bat and that the stick was called a tee. She knew which way to run and got the idea she should run after the ball. It's better then some of the little ones out with her. 4 year old chaos! Coach Ballard deserves a medal!! :) Coach Daddy looks pretty cool too!

1 comments:

vlmeans said...

Reno/Lake Tahoe was wonderful. Thanks for running around with me. I had a great time. Wish we could go back soon and take the rest of the family.

Go Lainie! Great job on your first practice. Be sure and give me a schedule so I can attend your games.