Sunday, February 17, 2008
Scott won a FREE trip to Reno! Man I knew all those trips to Vegas would pay off one of these days!

And so, we are now packing!

So, did you know that you can't take cattle prods with you to your seat on an airplane? You can't take blow torches, flares, chlorine and / or my billie club. Now, before you become as anxiety ridden as I did at the thought of leaving these at home, there is some good news. Several of these items are things that you CAN pack into your checked luggage. Whew - that made me feel a whole lot better.

Luckily for my family, the most stressful part to our packing (besides not being able to take my brass knuckles,) was trying to figure out if my poor mother in law could take her cigarette lighter anywhere near the airport. You would think that that would be a quick yes / no on the prohibited items list, but it's not....there is actually an asterisk to more thoroughly confuse us white bread Americans and to frustrate my nicotene needy mother in law. Here's the link. If you can decifer it any better than I can, please advise. Otherwise, it might be smart to study up on what you will not be able to have in your lap during your sardine packed trip in coach!

http://www.tsa.gov/assets/pdf/prohibited_and_permitted_items_10-24-07.pdf

So, come Tuesday, Scott, my Mother In Law (Elaine / Gran), my sister in law (Vickie) and I are off to gamble in the fine state of Nevada as we cash in our free chartered trip to Reno. It was free!! Many thanks to my high rolling husband and his even higher rolling momma!! Did I mention the word free? Wish us luck cuz Lainie needs a new pair o' shoes!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Have a great time! We'll miss you at school! Don't think about us- enjoy your FREE trip to Reno!!

Boo said...

I say bring a book of matches. I'm pretty sure they're safe according to the sheet and then your MIL will be happy. And we all want our MIL happy!!

Enjoy the trip! We'll miss you!!