Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Today's post is for anyone that has ever or will ever work in the field of education. As someone who knew they were going to be a teacher from the time they could write, knew good and well that education would be the business I woukld retire from - I feel the need to send out a teacher hug! Educators really don't get the credit and pay they really deserve, and sometimes I feel like the only people who recognize that are others within the profession.

The demands of teachers and students are harder than they have ever been. The accountability is astronomical and you feel personal responsible when it doesn't go just so. (Just ask anyone at CME who worked on Learning Checks today.) You'd be a fool to think that someone went in it for the money, but sometimes - easpecially during the long winter months, teaching feels like an uphill climb.

So many, many, many thanks to all of you in our lives that touch the lives of other people....in a teaching / coaching way each and everyday!! You are the reason that we are all here!

To my Mom, my CME friends, my coaching colleagues, my college roommates, my mother-sister-brother-in-laws, the Ed Dept. at Georgetown and UK, my former teachers and anyone working with kids...thank you for everything you do. I hope my Lainie gets teachers just like you!

0 comments: