Monday, February 18, 2008






Today we have a post with a triple threaded meaning. Cool Parents is today's title. Here are the reasons why.

#1: If you asked our child who are the coolest parents in the world, naturally she would say Momma and Daddy! (We hope at least!!) And I would even imagine that if she were a few years older and could actually articulate why we are cool parents, her pre-teen self would say - "Like duh Mom, I mean look at that trippin picture of me with the faux UGS and the very real (albeit outdated) IPOD in my hand at 4 years old. (See Exhibit A) I mean totally, ya'll rock!" To which we would bow and say - well naturally! We're pathetic, but we get it honest. Here's why -

#2: Shawna's parents are super cool. They look forward for like eons to whisk Lainie away for days at a time. Truly days at a time and always beg for more. If we were smarter we'd take them up on it more and have a few more couple's only weekends...but we do still love her. Even still, my parents will drive all the way from Maysville multiple times in a week just to help us with Lainie, never once complaining. So therefore - I too have cool parents! (oh yeah...and my Dad now reads my blog nightly...religiously...so brownie points there I imagine!)

#3 And finally Scott's parents are cool beans too! Before his Dad passed away in Otober 03 (We miss you Poppa!), he and Scott's mom were all over the place - from Vegas to Cancun. Half the time, they took anywhere from 1 to 12 of us with them. Scott and I have been to Nevada, California and Arizona with them and multiple times each year Elaine still takes parts to all of the gang to West Virginia, Tennessee, Florida and anywhere in between. She is still a jet setter and therefore makes the list as a cool parent!

So as you can see, Lainie, Scott and Me are incredibly lucky to have people like this in our lives = i.e. Cool Parents! I'm sure you do too!! Thanks guys!




PS: The IPOD is not Lainie's, it's mine :) We're cool...we're not insane.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Nothing beats cool parents! I fell that mine are the best, but I am sure yours are tops as well!

Just wanted to let you know I am hidding in the background reading your blog! I am a queen of lurking, but I am here!