Tuesday, May 13, 2008
So today will be a VERY FAVORITE THINGS post. Many of you enjoyed reading about the blanket that Scott, Lainie and I fight over in the Vol I post, so I thought i would let you in on another one of the Mitchell favorites!

I can't say that my Vol II favorite item is necessarily shared by both Scott and Lainie, but if it were to break (as it did in June 2007) my life (both professionally and pictorally) would come to a screeching halt.

Vol II's post is about my Seagate 6GB flashdrive. Love it. Adore it. Never ever ever leave my home without it. It is in my purse everyday, and I tear up if I can't find it. My motto is - Only make it once...fix as often as necessary. I REFUSE to retype / remake things that can be copy and pasted and refined. That is why I must always have my flashdrive at my fingertips.

My Seagate drive is shaped like a small flying saucer and plugs into my computers at home, at work and at school. It has 10 years of teaching on it and every photo I have every taken (minus November 2006 - June 2007 that died in the meltdown of '07 - see below.) I never got some of my data back...and some of my pictures are lost forever....but everything else is kept with me at all times, in my purse.

Last summer, it died on me. Many tears, panicky phone calls to Edwina and Jenn and $400 later....I was able to retrieve about 60% of the memory from it. Lesson learned - Gayla. I now back everything up on my external memory at home (which has saved my butt a time or two when I lost a file.) But never again, will my day go down the whole because I am "without" my data in some form or fashion! Neurotic..yes...lunatic...no....convenient...absolutely!

0 comments: