Wednesday, May 14, 2008


I had one of the best and most fun opportunities I have ever had while teaching, last night. I was asked, along with David P. (our Art teacher) to be the "Celebrity Servers" at the local Pizza place last night. It was fantastic!!!

We started our silly day out with a banter back and forth on the morning announcements to drive up some excitement. All day, kids were coming up to us and saying, we're coming to eat at CiCi's tonight, JUST to see you! It was so exciting to feel loved in such a silly way. We had a line out the door for over an hour and a half. 90% of those people were CME families. It was so neat!!!

I must say - it was some hard work. I wasn't there to look pretty. The manager was a fantastic man and very full of life. He'd holler at the customers coming in and encouraged us to yell funny things when the fresh pizzas came out. Being the attention hog that I am....I had a ball.




Scott and Lainie and David's family Amy and Caroline came out as well to support Mom and Dad behind the pizza line. David is convinced we got catapulted into SUPER PARENT status last night by our new role. Lainie just seemed confused.

I won't be leaving my day job anytime soon, but if I need a little cash in the coming future, I just might look towards a life of Pizza!




0 comments: