Saturday, February 14, 2009
I woke up today to my three Valentine's cooking me breakfast. My family is fabulous and very considerate of me....particularly on holidays. Today's surprise were heart shaped pancakes. Scott bought Lainie a pancake mold when she was little and every so often, Lainie and Scott cook breakfast together and bring it to me. Today they included Scotty, as much as you can include an infant. Today was a nice treat. Although Scott had to work today, he is planning a surprise supper here at home. I have seen the remnants of strawberries and blueberries, steamed shrimp and baked potatoes that he might be using in tonight's dinner (all of which are on both mine and Lainie's top 10 favorite foods). I was also asked to play Cupid and find him our white tablecloth, cloth napkins and candles so that he can complete his surprise for all of us. (This makes sense, only I know where they are and all...) With a new little one and the economy the way it is, we are going to have an "at-home family Valentine's Day." Honestly, these are my favorite kind. To pass the while during the day today, Lainie and I have been watching musicals together (so far: The Sound of Music and Annie) and are cooking Valentine pinwheel cookies and snuggling with Scotty while reading prince and princess books together. This is love. Happy Valentine's Day!

0 comments: