Monday, February 9, 2009
One of the best and somewhat "selfish" things I did with Lainie (although it can't be considered selfish if I realized it AFTER the fact) was to not find out Lainie's gender. So, when shower time rolled around 5+ years ago, I did not receive a bundle of pink items. Instead I received the greens, navy's, yellows, whites and cream colored versions of all of the popular baby items. My stroller, pack and play, clothes, etc.....all were very neutral, which was cool as it turns out when I went to have my second child. Still didn't find the gender on this one, so imagine our excitement when they announced that it was a boy. Here's where the selfish part kicks in. I could TOTALLY use everything from the first time around!! YIPPEE. No having to spend $$$ unless I so chose.


Now after Lainie was born, the pink started to flow - freely. i love pink. i love little girls (boys too, but I'm making a point.) Anyway, that's when we got blankets and bibs ad towels and stuff. I kept everything from the first time around, just knowing i could use it all again. Right?


RIGHT! See evidence below. All I can say is real men wear pink! why not? I don't have a s-load of money to spend (friends: do not look at this as a go get Scotty some blue request....we have lots), but why not incorporate what we have from the first time and build lil man some character? Even Scott agrees.....I just have to agree to go with *white, green, brown, yellow and BLUE* when i take him in public, that's all! Fair enough!

0 comments: