Sunday, February 8, 2009
I am simply sying to wear jeans again. I am well aware that it might be months to even years before I wear the jeans that are currently in my closet. You don't realize how "small" (I use that word loosely and within a relative context here) you are until you put on a few pounds...i.e. eat too much, have a baby, stop exercising....hell - pick a reason.

Anyway, I have been trying on my jeans since the first week Scotty was born. The first week, they would shimmy up my legs but when they get to my butt all just stops. That doesn't even take into account the new stomach I own. Now, I can wear them with the wonderful Bella Band Andrea lent me while I was prenant. There is just something scary about relying on lycra to keep you and all of the chub from busting out from the privacy of your clothing. I used it one day last week. It helped the urge, but it's not the same.

Ironically, I've never really even been a blue jean fan. I've always been too tall (did I know they sold Lee Riders in a Tall variety??...not until 2005.) I mention the Lee brand, because I am also a cheap-skate. Jenn turned me on to the jeans at Old Navy and The Gap when Julie and I realized on day in the copy room that all we owned were "mom jeans" and this was late 2006. Now, I want to be back in denim. After watching so many episodes of What Not To Wear, I'm seeing I need to lose the flare leg and go with the dark wash wide leg. So not only do I miss my jeans, my jeans are not even satisfactory anymore.

So it boils down to this.

Wanted
  • Jeans that fit Mom butt
  • Must be longs
  • Must be roomy all the way down the leg from the widest part of my body
  • Must be something smaller than a 14 (swore in 2002 that with Weight Watchers as my witness, I would be a 12 or smaller permanently.)
  • Must show up soon. Yoga pants are about to be scissored and Maternity pants are going out the window.
  • Contact: delusional Momma to 10lb. 3oz. boy born 4 weeks ago.
Please hurry!

0 comments: