Tuesday, February 10, 2009
After a stretch of morning cluster feedings, I finally broke away for a teeny-weeny bit of me time. By me time, I mean enough seconds to pee, grab a drink and perhaps even change my clothing from the night before. I wasn't asking for much, but still.
I set him down in the crib all drowsy and drunk-like. Men are so cute that way! As I stepped back he fell into what appeared to be a nap-like trance. I thought, "gold mine." And ran down the hall to take a shower (forget pee and snack!)
Lather, lather, shave, shave, rinse rinse...I wash, dry and dress with no noises coming from the babies room. All gracious, I might even press my luck and fold some laundry. Super quick I begin, only 1/8th of the way into it, he starts crying. Well screaming, actually.
I step in to soothe. Poor baby, I say. Continued screaming. Are you hungry again/still? Screaming and crying continue. Onto the living room comfy chair to eat. Off we go.
I take the bottle we were working on 21 minutes ago and put it to lips. Smacking lips, gnawing hands....appearing hungry. I set it in mouth. Trigger gag reflex (how?), he pushes it out and then pukes all across me. Hair, shoulder, shirt, pants, lap. (They were my cute yoga pants that I have to keep myself from wearing multiple days in a week....dag-gum and THEY WERE CLEAN! sniff sniff.)
He's wet, I'm wet and I'm now no longer clean. I clean him head to toe. I spot clean myself (including changing full set of clothes) and the day continues on from here.
My light grey Old Navy pants I'm now wearing are not as cute nor as comfortable...but hey....little man is no longer crying. Go us!!!

1 comments:

Charissa said...

Glad you are back in the land of blogging. It's fun to remember back on those ridiculous days of infantdom. Hang in there and enjoy this break in the weather!