Wednesday, February 10, 2010
My laptop is here and I am back to the world of normalcy. Well, by normalcy, I mean normal for me. You know....not having to tote 2 kids and a dog past the kid gate, down the stairs and to the cold dark TV room that houses our very old, albeit working PC. I know I mentioned it in the last post...like three weeks ago, but the keys stick and so all of the writing I had been doing looked something like this....wouldn'tyouhateitifeverythingyoutypedlookedlikethis,iknowyouwould! YUK! The laptop is upstairs, in the kitchen, where my family is at the moment and I am happy!

As I celebrate the return of my mental share-out, I feel the need to prepare myself for the ways things truly are - or have been, the ways I am really feeling, whether they are good or bad. For the most part, everybody that reads my blog are either friends, family members or co-workers, so truthfully, I sometimes have to revise, edit and filter my thoughts to keep from hurting anyone or confusing someone more than I am. The oddest part is though, I have become addicted to my Google Reader account....darn you Jenn and I get to listen to the good, bad and the ugly of all of the bloggers that I follow. Not sure if it's a healthy thing or not, but they always seem to feel better that they were honest. I can see how this might make one feel good...ya know?

I'll start by first blog back as a get to know Shawna blog, how about that? If it interests you, maybe you'll keep reading. Hopefully, I too won't disappoint and this can continue for quite some time. I need a release here lately, and hopefully, this may be it.

Name: Shawna - named after a cute checkout girl at K-Mart. Ask my Dad.

Biases: Sloppy handwriting, barking dogs, capable people who insist on others doing things for them

My vices: Diet Coke, Reading, Sleeping.

Fears: Disappointing someone, not seeming perfect, fuzzy spiders, bloody gore scenes in movies

Private things people don't really know: I replay scenarios in my head hundreds of times to see if what I did was right, I'd rather hang out with one person I know really well than get to know hundreds and try to "network" with them, I prefer to do everything myself and then complain about it later.....so bad.

Things I like about me: I can cook (or at least make an effort at....some people might disagree), I try things just for the sake of saying I have, I can walk into situations and appear confident - focus on the word "appear". At least it's better than wigging out where people notice.

I love: My kids, My family, my hubs, little red cars, fountain diet cokes, John Grisham anything, clean garages and real friends.

I am glad to be back. I am hoping to start feeling better. I need to figure out who I am and what I want.....I hope you are ok with listening. *Wink*
Shawna

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

I'll listen anytime. I was thinking you were writing about me with many of the things you said!