Friday, February 12, 2010

NOTE: Photos do not match the story.......

"So...do you think that he'll do this every Februrary?"

Those were Lainie's exact words tonight after "the boys" surprised us girls with a night of fine dining, exquisit drink and candelescence...Calmes style.

The boys cooked for me and Lainie.

Every been to the Melting Pot? We have....for "$40 snacks" according to Lainie, on a Momma / kids evening in December. Scott and I had been with couples a few times before that, but it is seriously a rare treat. Instead, tonight, Scott brought it to us.

We had 2 course fondue - extra sharp cheedar with apples, asiago bread and veggies, and turtle chocolate lovers for dessert - with bananas, strawberries, rice krispies and sugar cookies. For the main course, we had pan fried surf and turf, potatoes, broccolli and cauliflower and wine. Lainie had sparkling grape juice. We ate out of our wedding china and drank from the very few pieces of crystal we own from the wedding nearly 10 years ago. 

With some easy jazz playing from the Pandora app on my Iphone (that's a whole other - Oh My Gah! I love it post!)...we had a great evening. The hubs even did the dishes. Seriously - Renaissance.
To that I say Happy Valentine luvs! You are very appreciated for standing beside me, taking care of us and pushing us on to brighter tomorrows. The kids and I love you very much! 

Shawna

Happy Valentine's Day from Lainie and her K Valentine party day at school!

2 comments:

Laura said...

That's so sweet - what a super fun night! Good job, Scott.

Debbie said...

I am glad I checked your blog...I was happy to see a "new look" which meant a new post~! Great reading...love your Valentine's dinner with the family. What a good example to give Lainie! You are real and we love you.