Sunday, February 28, 2010
Over the course of 2 years, I have finally hit my 100th post. Not very good, I guess...but still - it's here. I think it might be fun to tell you 100 things about me via my 100th post. I've done that alittle bit lately on some of my last posts, so we'll just see how interesting I can become via my ramblings!

1. I am a first born April baby
1 little brother - Joe, 3 1/2 years younger
First word was no
Dad worked 3rd shift for as long as I can remember
I came home grouchy after school everyday in first grade
I learned phonics, my parents didn't
Lost my first tooth after eating a popscicle with gum in my mouth. Made my gum rock hard = out came the tooth
I learned to play tennis in 1st grade - took lessons
My first swimsuit was green - my current one is black
10. My bedroom was yellow growing up. I hate yellow walls now.
My neighborhood had a pool. I would walk there everyday with my brother in the summer.
My parents fought alot - so I rarely played at home.
I took horseback riding lessons in 4th grade
Learned fractions in a weekend, after I guessed on the pretest (and got them all correct)
My mom used to drop us off for sunday school and church from age 6 on. She would then go Christmas shopping
I had perfect attendance in sunday school for 9 years running.
My father moved out when I was 12. We moved from No. Ky to Maysville.
I hated middle school, but grew to love the people I met those yearly years.
I walked to my Mom's high school down the road after school everyday. I don't remember how my brother got there. Bus?
20. I helped the marching band as a flag changing girl in 7th and 8th grade. Getting to travel with the high schoolers only sped up my love of older boys.
Eventually, I was the field commander of that band.
I kept going to church in highschool, even when no one else in my family did.
I worked in the high school dark room as a sophomore and discovered my love of photography
I was editor in cheif of my junior year book
I was always known as A. Worthington's daughter growing up in the same town she did.
I passed my driving test first time
I have the best memories of my youth from church camps.
I have performed in 6 musicals =  Velveteen Rabbit, Wizard of Oz, Sound of Music, Brigadoon, Annie, and the Music Man.
I like watching high school basketball more than football, but love the atmosphere of both.
30. I went to four proms. Two with the same guy.
I like to choreograph dances and did for our dance team in highschool.
I dated the same guy all through highschool except during prom season. He never took me to prom.
I went to UK on a full scholarship. I dreamed of being a little fish in a big pond.
I joined a sorority to make my pond "a little bit" smaller.
I nearly failed out of school my first year of college. I was on academic probation because I didn't go to class. I graduated with a 3.45 four years later.
I met Scott my senior year in college. I had never dated anyone in college and really struggled with balancing friends, school and a relationship. I felt very guilty at the time for being happy.
I didn't wear heels until I met Scott.
I stopped going to church when Scott and I met. I had this illusion it had to be as a couple or nothing.
Scott and I were married in 2000.
40. I honeymooned in Jamaica.
I had Thai food, the first time on my honeymoon. I fell in love.
I will be interviewing for a teaching job this summer after teaching for 12 years with no initial interview.
I love to camp...at campgrounds
I've been to Europe 3 times. All on singing trips of 40 people. All with stacked iteneraries.
My favorite fruit are blueberries. I decided I liked both kiwi and pears in 2009.
I fell out of a raft, my second time white water rafting. Scared me to death.
I love musicals and symphonies.
I kept gaining weight past my freshman 15. More like my college 50.
In 2002, at 26 - I decided I didn't like how I looked and joined Weight Watchers.
50. I was thinner at my 10 years reunion than I was my senior year in high school. Only by about 10 pounds, but still.
I plan vacations that are scheduled down to the hour. I am working to stop doing that.
I knew I always wanted to be a mom and got pregnant quickly the first time. Took nearly 2 years the second time.
I was disappointed in having both an epidural and failing at breast feeding. I was depressed after my first pregnancy - but fought very hard to hide it.
After counselling before my second one, I realized it was no big deal and refused to beat myself up anymore.
I discovered coffee tasted good just after my 30th birthday. OMG.
Yogurt is my favorite food.
I wish my husband didn't work so much. I wish I didn't work so much.
I'd rather read than talk to people.
I use Google to stalk learn about people I used to know
60. I like the taste of high-end tequilla, but will pass on most other alcohols.
My house is cluttered, just like my classroom. Semi-straight most times, but full.
I started back to a new church while on maternity leave with Scotty. Me and 2 kids in the last pew, nervous and confused....but back.
I have no idea how to decorate. Hate the idea most times.
Used to love to move from place to place.....now I can't even envision it.
Watch way too much tv. I prefer reality television.
I have no idea how to tweet.
I want to be giving, but sometimes I feel selfish.
That said, I have no bed side manner.
I get sea sick very easily.
Halloween is my favorite holiday.
70.  I always worry I am going to forget things. I still always forget things.
I wear shoes thaat are too small for my feet and I know it.
I love my yard but wish it had more trees.
My kids are far from what I imagined but more than I could have hoped for.
I always thought someone in my family would have red hair.
My grandfather is the person I admire most. I wish I would have told him when he was alive.
Scott's dad was someone I wish I had gotten to know even more. His sarcasm always made me laugh.
I am afraid my kids won't like broad types of music when they get older. Why is that a fear of mine?
I hate to wash dishes.
I dream of being organized. Like stay up at night and think about it.
80. I would like to be a foster parent.
I wanna go back and work at church camp again.
I drink way to much Diet Coke. But I don't smoke and rarely drink....so I rationalize it.
I would renew my vows with Scott if I had the money. This year is year #10.
I am always late. Even when I really really really try, something happens.
I wanna grow old on a porch swing. With lemon flavored sweet tea.
I hope Scotty is like Scott when he grows up. I like big guys that are sporty and can work with their hands. To me, Scott is the perfect guy.
I am saving to hire someone to landscape my yard. Like decorating,, I feel inadequate.
Scott wants hardwood in out house. That's great cause I want a new vacuum - one with a long hardwood hose attachment.
I hang all of my kids clothes together as outfits. It saves me time when getting everyone ready. 
90.I am seeking khaki pants that are comfortable. Having a baby means my old ones fit weird.
I have forgiven the odd details of my childhood. They were sad to relive but shaped who I am and I am peaceful with it now.
I recommend counseling to anyone who is sad, lonely, worried, tense, high strung or confused. I thought I went because of stess. I learned that I was wrong.
I don't really want another child, but am not willing to make it official yet.
I want to cook as good as my grandmother and sister in law. I try but haven't convinced very many yet.
I am proud of my career. I think I've done some things pretty well.
I love my kids. Everytime I step back, I realize that somone is doing something right.
I am lucky to have found Scott. He's patient but persistent when he needs to be.
I have a pretty cool cat and dog. Low key. Present, but not in your face crazy.
100. I am more peaceful now than ever in my life. I am making some changes that will help me grow as a person by being less strung out. I have come to terms with things that made me unhappy. I am willing to pray and ask for help when I need it. I am surrounded by people who care about me and I them. I am a pretty lucky girl.

Happy #100.

2 comments:

Sarabeth said...

Fun post! My first word was "no" too. :)

Laura said...

I love to read these. My hundred is coming up soon!