Wednesday, February 17, 2010
We've had a set of snow days this week where everyone in my house has been home. Since Scott's business is dependent on the weather more times than not, he is kinda slow during the colder months. Since I work in the school system, both Lainie and I have had days off of school until the roads improve.

Going anywhere has really been out of the question, in that I don't like to bundle people up and our driveway is a slick hill. Mustang wheels mean nothing to winter weather and I really have no where to go anyway.

So....what do you do when you are couped up inside. Here's a laundry list.

  • Read and read and read
  • Sudoku
  • Watch movies
  • Cook soup
  • Blog
  • Sleep
  • Read Facebook
  • Laundry Laundry Laundry
  • School work
  • Watch TV
  • Vacuum
  • Check email
  • Send email
  • Organize things
  • Play outside
  • Cook
  • Eat
  • Eat
  • Cook
  • Snuggle
  • Change dirty diapers
  • Take extra naps
  • (Notice exercise could have been on the list.....but alas, no)

So.....we are getting a little on the restless side.

Here's how Lainie and I amused ourselves for 3 hours today.

I am so proud of us.

We are big fans of Annie's Eats and she has an amazing sugar cookie recipe with a Royal Icing tutorial. I have used Royal Icing before on some of my cakes, but never really felt comfortable with it. I kept wanting to practice...so today we did! Love these!!! Enjoy!

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

I just did a post like this! Ha! Your cookies are super cute! I've been wanting to practice with royal icing again too. It is always so pretty. Annies eats is my favorite food blog! Miss you!