Friday, June 27, 2008
What you say I haven't written in a while?
You say it's summer and life is grand for the non-working teacher?
You say that home ownership is everything happy and wonderful?
Lies - All Lies!!!

It's happens in threes. (or if you are me and my week it happens in fours and fives.)

Sunday - arrive home from Vacation. Air Conditioning registering 79*. It was colder outside at 9:30 at night. Part II: CHI hair straightener...dead.

Monday - call the AC man. Frozen unit. $98 to repair. Part II: Wealthy friend of Scott's gives Lainie a huge custom made Barbie Dream House and 4 garbage bags full of Barbie items. 4 hours go into organizing and donating non-keepable Barbie items. The run down: 1 house, 3 covertibles, 2 vans, 1 cruise ship, 1 pet land play store, 1 hospital, 2 kitchens, 16 Barbies, 5 Kens, 11 Skippers, 6 babies, 17 pets, gallon bag of shoes, gallon bags of Barbie brushes, and an entire garbage bag of Barbie clothing. My house puked pink.

Tuesday - Laundry from vaca still not started. Dishes in pile on sink....cuz dishwasher stopped. Laundry and tears started together.

Wednesday - Husband stayed home to keep said wife from looping the noose herself. Buy dishwasher, demand in stock availablity. Husband begins installation at noon. Six o clock comes and goes with a trip to Lowes and a fuming wife. $25 an hour my butt. He says it's me. Huh!

Thursday - Friend from high school drops by. Dishwasher now works. Laundry finishing. Actually break a sweat while cleaning and stashing and chucking prior to her arrival. House and Mommy pulled it off. Part II: Buy new hair starightener. $124. Does Dave Ramsey count that as an emergency? I did. Part III: Lost replacement park to attic latch. Attic door remains broken. Husband thinks it's hilarious!

Friday - Mow 1 acre of 2 week old grass. Oh discovery! 3 out of 4 tires on mower are flat. Drive to MIL to borrow hers. She's out of town and I can't find key. Call Tennessee. No service. Eat her Jalapeno cheese dip...the kind that says "serves 4." Yup. Drive back home to inflate said tires. Car too far away from building. Move car. Run over toy of Lainie's. Crying child. Pump flattest tire. Nothing happens. 30 mins more = nothing happens. Send husband a cursing text. He tells me to go to bed. HA! Nephew calls with news of key location. Drive back to MIL and get mower. Can't get it to budge. Call 16 yr old nephew again. Explain college degrees mean nothing in mowing world, so how do I get the tractor to drive. He describes parking brake. Oh! Stupid John Deere. Load tall red head and 4 yr old dressed as an Incredible on to tractor. Drive through Winchester looking like twit. No sidewalks exist between ours and MIL house. Mow grass. Run out of gas. Search for gas nozzle. Call nephew. He laughs. Under seat. Oh! Damn Deere. Start again. Looming rain. Mow near creek. Tire slips over edge. 100% stuck. Cuss loudly. Eat entire box of Kraft Mac and Cheese while watching 10 Years Younger on TLC.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my my my...sounds like you need another vacation!

I am amazed you mow the lawn! Has Boo ever told you that neither of us have EVER done it? Never in our life...amazing but true

Sarabeth said...

Yikes! You do need another vacation. Is Lainie in heaven with all that Barbie stuff? My four year old self would have been.

Alyssa said...

You had me laughing! Sorry to laugh at your expense- sounds awful. You had a lot of determination to get that lawn mowed- I'd have given up way earlier!!

Boo said...

I would have taken the nap! Good for you for not giving up!! :)

Andrea Nielsen said...

First, sounds like your week was crappier ( is that a word) than spending a week in professional development. Second, I think Lainey needs to be Lillies' barbie "connection". I think Lillie would do about anything for a gallon bag of shoes. ( of course the clothes are no biggie...all our barbies are naked) I think having a prosthetic foot must just attract her to shoes! Third, you need a vacation!
love you

Gayla said...

Oh my, you need chocolate!!!!

vlmeans said...

I am sorry you had such a bad day. I hope things get better, but please don't cuss the Deere. It is my husbands favorite possession besides the big screen TV. I sometimes think he likes it better than me.