Tuesday, June 3, 2008
So I got Lainie a library card last week. She is sooo excited!! We go just about every week, always on Tuesday and almost always at 6:15 - 6:30 at night. Ironically this is the exact same time as craft night. Tonight was a guest speaker to kick off their summer reading program. It was Daily the Reading Pig all the way here from Bristol, Connecticut. Lainie was thrilled to a) be at the library; b) be checkingout library books and c) to do it all in the company of a black pot bellied pig. She asked if we could come back tomorrow. I am so proud!!

Very productive day today! Met with 1st grade beginning at 7 AM (who planned that start time by the way?), merged assessment details with K, touched base with Principal at 10 (she caught wind I was offered another job....of which I had already turned down...but still....she felt the need to recieve details, ate a delicioso lunch including lettuce wraps from Sal Good, more meetings, haircut with Lori (so much more excited now about my fro versus the triangle head I was sporting), manicure out of desperation - that and the toes were embarrassed by the fingers, met up with Scott, hotdogs for supper with Lainie (my little gas station princess) and library time with a pig!! It has been a super good day!!

1 comments:

kymacy said...

Wow...her own card. That's so cool. Welcome to Summer Break!