Monday, June 23, 2008
We're home from Florida - officially at 9:30 last night. We drove the whole day from Disneyworld and only stopped 3 times. Our Garmin led us all the way home and even reported that we hit 117 miles an hour at one point. We love our Garmin, but that seems insane (yes we are speeders, but COME ON!) If you travel by car often and have never had a GPS...oh my my, put it on your Christmas list.

Stupid story...while we we're in the middle end of our trip, I was craving "good home cooking", i.e. green beans, carrots, etc. with no luck. If you want cooking like that at Disney, you will pay a pretty penny. So anyway, the 3 of us went out shopping and we punched in the Food listings to see what we could find. Nothing yummy. I then typed in "Cracker Barrel" into the Garmin. Ta-da!!! In 4.5 miles I would be able to eat my yum yum food! (Angie - quit laughing!) Thank you Garmin!

Speaking of journey's... I have 3 adoption blogs that I wanted to share out. Interestingly enough, they are three different stages of the process. Optimistically Waiting is my friend Jenn and her quest to bring Avery home. In Seeking Our Silas, Cara and Jason are meeting Silas this week! Finally, my newest found blog The Path To Lillie, is my long time friend from high school, Andrea and her single mom adventures with Lillie who joined her from China in July 2007. The last one will help give any adopting family strength to know that great things are awaiting, in God's time. Hope you enjoy!!! Please pray for these families and they share their love with others!

2 comments:

vlmeans said...

Looking forward to using our Garmin this week.

I want pictures from this trip.

I will include your friends in my prayers.

Andrea Nielsen said...

Hey...so Glad to hear from you and to find your blog too!!!! I would love for Lainey and Lillie to meet sometime! Read back about your job offers...exciting stuff! Of course, I completely understand NOT making the changes! Thank you so much for the kind words and prayer requests. Silas family is using the same adoption agency I used so I have been following their journey for a while. Small world isn't it!
love to you and your family,
Andrea and Lillie